Welcome to this week’s edition of “Good Reads for Special Needs”, my picks of news, current events, and resources that I believe will be helpful and of interest to members of the special needs community.
1) We hear so much bad news….here’s some amazingly good news for a change! An amazing dad got a group of amazing people together and created an amazing school for kids with brain injuries! This Amazing Father Created His Own School For His Injured Daughter
2) See how these awesome firefighters created the happiest birthday for a boy with special needs in their community at The Happiest Day of His Life (Seriously)
3) Meet the woman who created a car that can change the way many people who use wheelchairs get around town at This Woman Invented a Genius Car That Will Change the Lives of Wheelchair-Users
4) Amazing family! Watch the story of a couple who discovered the true meaning of joy and happiness after they adopted children with special needs! Family Shares the Joy and True Happiness of Adopting Special Needs Children
5) Managing violence and aggression is a conversation that must be had for the safety and even the very lives of our disabled loved ones. Please read my own Humane Meltdown Management
Still in need of holiday gifts for your special little loved ones? Check out my affiliate links below! If you make a purchase through one of my links you’ll be helping to support, “Faith, Hope, and Love”! Thanks!
Ar you looking for hands-on fun arts & crafts projects, science activities, or imaginative play projects? Kiwi Crate delivers to your mailbox each and every month! There’s still time to get Kiwi Crate before Christmas! Hurry now, because for a limited time only you can use the code HOLIDAY50 to get 50% off your first month.
Browse around the thousands of autism DVD’s, ABA materials, social skills curriculum, books, therapy products, sensory integration products, toys, games, fidgets, and more at National Autism Resources Corp
Need a creative way to turn your kids onto reading? Peekapak is a monthly subscription of fun and fabulous reading adventures for children aged 4-8 designed to encourage families to read, create and play together.
In the market for fun, educational, and brain stimulating games and toys? Marbles: The Brain Store is a one-of-a-kind store with a smart collection of hand-picked, expert-tested, certifiably fun ways to get you and yours a healthier brain!
Get your copy of The Chippy Kids, a cute and fun book of morals and manners written and illustrated by my very own sons, Brian and Jim Johnson! (Not an affiliate link.)