Welcome to this week’s Special Needs and Homeschooling Blog LinkUp! I’m so glad you’re here! If you are looking for inspiration, support, and encouragement from families affected in some way by special needs and/or who are homeschooling, You have come … Continue reading
Welcome to this week’s edition of Good Reads for Special Needs, my picks of news, articles, and resources for individuals with special needs and their families! I am a firm believer that despite all the evil in the world there … Continue reading
One of Bethany’s most significant struggles as a person with autism is handling change. She wants everything in her life to always be the same! A change in her routine, needing to throw away old, worn out clothes and wear … Continue reading
Welcome to this week’s edition of the Special Needs and Homeschooling Blog LinkUp! This is the place for families affected by special needs and/or homeschoolers to gather together to share their experiences and support and encourage one another! This LinkUp … Continue reading
Welcome to this edition of Good Reads for Special Needs, a collection of news, articles, and resources of particular interest to those in the special needs community!
- What Kerri has to say about choosing to focus on the good in the world without denying that evil exists is very inspiring! I Choose
- There is plethora of phenomenal information at Temple Grandin’s website. Right now she’s got an article up about using 1950’s methods for teaching social skills and one about sensory therapies. I personally think Ms. Grandin is amazing! She speaks from the heart with authority and expert personal experience!
- Could there be a simple test to diagnose autism in our future? Saliva Test Shows Promise For Diagnosing Autism
- I just discovered the American Association of People With Disabilities’ website. There are many resources on their website available to people who have disabilities, including several publications on topics such as Identifying Transition Age and Improving Living Conditions For People With Disabilities
- Disabilities-R-Us was created by and for those with physical disabilities but all are welcome! They have a chat room, forums, and resources available!
- We think very highly of getting special needs kids involved in social experiences with their typical peers. But It’s been our experience that Bethany has a more successful and enjoyable experience when she gets involved in activities that are created specifically for kids with disabilities!
It was the day before Valentine’s Day and all through the house not a faucet was running, not even a drip! Because our water pump was frozen solid and some pipes were broken!! Thankfully, Daddy thawed it out and repaired … Continue reading
Welcome to this week’s edition of the Special Needs and Homeschooling Blog LinkUp! I’m so glad you’re here! This is the place for families affected by special needs and/or homeschoolers to come together to share experiences and encourage and … Continue reading
Welcome to this edition of “Good Reads for Special Needs”, A collection of my picks for news, articles, and resources of interest to those in the special needs community!
- I’ve posted this one before, but it’s so great that I feel it deserves a repeat mention!
The Great Bike Giveaway is open! This giveaway is a national contest in which children with special needs can win their very own adaptive bike. They work with adaptive bike companies from around the United States to provide some of the best adaptive bikes to the children and young adults who need them most.
Please visit the contest and vote for one or more of the kids!
- The temporary increase in medicaid payments to doctors has ended. What might this mean to people with disabilities and the poor? Will doctors begin refusing medicaid patients?
Medicaid Cuts Could Mean Less Access to Doctors
- Teaching individuals with special needs personal hygiene self care is hard and scary. I know this from experience!! Here are some tips to make the job a little easier! 5 Ways to Teach an Older Child With Special Needs About Hygiene!
- In ministry for the disabled for 35 years, Jeff McNair holds discussions of issues related to Christianity/Theology and the disabled at Disabled Christianity
- Ever notice that people with disabilities are missing from the majority of children’s fiction books? Well, check out these three works of children’s literature featuring individuals with disabilities that have also won awards at Children’s Books Honored for Disability Story Lines
Because everyone, except Bethany’s awesome aide, Kristin and her equally awesome Flash Club leader was afraid of the impending snow storm, Bethany was the only person that made it to Flash Club yesterday! As a result she had the honor … Continue reading
Welcome to this week’s addition of the Special Needs and Homeschooling Blog Linkup the “go to” place for families affected by special needs and/or homeschoolers to meet and share experiences, and support and encourage one another! I invite you to … Continue reading