Welcome to Friendship Friday Link Up! Here you will find a gathering place of mostly special needs families, families with chronically ill members, and homeschoolers, but you don’t have to be one of the above to share! It’s been another … Continue reading
1) I was appalled by the recent UK ruling that a mother be legally permitted to murder her twelve year old disabled daughter’s life by refusing to give her food and water. Mother Wins Right to End Disabled Daughter’s Life. You can view my full response at The Murder of People With Special Needs, Mercy or Convenience?
Many of you may have already read the story of how Charlotte Fitzmaurice was tragically granted the right in a UK court to murder her twelve year old severely disabled daughter, Nancy, by having her feeding and water tubes removed.
This is a most tragically monumental case as this ruling sets a precedent as being the first (and now most likely not the last) time a child breathing on their own, not on life support and not suffering from a terminal illness, has been allowed to die.
With the holidays fast approaching I wanted to share with you my favorite “go to – one stop” shop for finding just the right gifts for my kids, both young and old- The Village Toy Shop
I’ve been shopping in their New Hartford, NY location for years, but if you don’t live in the area don’t despair because there are oodles of unique and creative gift options available at their online store too!
Welcome to Friendship Friday Link Up! Here you will find a gathering place of mostly special needs families, families with chronically ill members, and homeschoolers, but you don’t have to be one of the above to share!
The most exciting thing to happen around here this week has been Bethany’s delight over the wooly bear caterpillar that Dad brought in to show her on Tuesday night.
It’s funny but this incident ties right in with the Angelina Ballerina episode that she has been obsessively watching over and over. It’s the one where Angelina finds a hurt butterfly and wants to keep him in a jar forever.
It’s Holiday time once again! You may be wondering just like I am what in the world you can give to your special someone with autism that he or she would be overjoyed to unwrap on the big day.
I know from sixteen years of experience exactly how difficult it is to find the perfect gift for Bethany so I’m guessing it may be just as hard for others to find the perfect gifts for their loved ones with autism or other special needs also. We so desperately want to make our loved ones with special needs happy for the holidays!
1) Are there really churches out there that embrace and fully include people with special needs? I happy to answer that yes there are, at The Parables worship service at the Wayzata Community Church: A United Church of Christ Congregation in Wayzata MN! Boundary Breaking Worship, Really!!!
As the parent of a kid who has endured the physical tortures of cancer treatments and who still faces monumental struggles each and every day, I am sometimes tempted to roll my eyes when I come across a parent who is distraught and freaking out over their child’s runny nose or the need for a few stitches in a finger. I erroneously consider what Bethany has been through as being much worse and somehow more important.
Welcome to Friendship Friday! I’m so glad you came to share with us today! As you may have noticed I have removed the words, “Living and Learning With Our New Normal” from my blog header. That’s because I have changed the name of my blog to “Faith, Hope, and Love”! Continue reading
I am so excited about Kiwi Crate’s new Koala Crates! These cool craft kits are designed especially with the developmental needs of little ones ages three and four in mind! Each kit is “kid tested” and “expert reviewed” to inspire creativity and promote healthy development!
- We all know that little kids learn best by combining “doing” with seeing and hearing. Koala Crates will not disappoint in their utilization of all three learning styles.
- Each kit will encourage and challenge your naturally curious preschooler with fun and creative hands on learning projects that are sure to inspire their creative juices to flow and promote their development!
- Inside each crate you will be happy to find all the beautiful, esthetically appealing quality materials needed to complete each project. Also inside each kit is a parent’s guide, and a copy of Imagine Magazine!