That’s quite a mouthful and an unlikely combination…but like it or not that’s who I am!!
You may have noticed on my homepage that my tag line is the verse, 1 Corinthians 13:13- And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love; but the greatest of these is love!
I chose this verse because I have FAITH in God, HOPE in what Jesus did for all of us on that cross and LOVE because I believe we should love everyone just as Jesus does!
I also chose this verse because I had to muster up a ton of FAITH when my daughter, Bethany was diagnosed with a life threatening brain tumor in 2000 at the age of two. I was forced to put my HOPE in the surgeons who performed her life saving surgery, and LOVE is what has gotten us through many trials and tribulations!
After Bethany, underwent emergency surgery to remove her brain tumor, she was diagnosed with multiple permanent debilitating disabilities. We have been striving and admittedly struggling at times to find happiness amidst our ordinary, everyday, precious, little moments as we embrace the challenges caused by a brain tumor, brain injury, autism, and epilepsy one day at a time with faith, hope, and love ever since!
We will forever continue attempting to turn Bethany’s crappy situation into a life!
I believe that Jesus loves everyone and commands us to treat everyone regardless of their race, religion, skin color, social class, abilities, disabilities, convictions, opinions, choices, lifestyle, sexual preference, or sexual identity with love , kindness, respect, and acceptance!
Life is hard enough.
Sometimes something as simple as a smile or a genuine caring attitude can drastically change a lonely or suffering person’s outlook on life.
I think that Leo Buscaglia says it beautifully and certainly better than I can. “Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn someone’s life around.”
- John 15:12- This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.
- Ephesians 4:32-Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.
- No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.- Aesop
- Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but heir echoes are truly endless.- Mother Theresa
- No kind action ever stops with itself. One kind action leads to another. Good example is followed. A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees. The greatest work that kindness does to others is that it makes them kind themselves.- Amelia Earhart
- When words are both true and kind, they can change the world.- Buddha
- Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.-Dalai Lama