Major Phenomenal Update: 1/31/17!!!
On January 31, 2017, Bethany’s Neurologist began the process to prescribe medical marijuana for her seizure disorder!!
As soon as NYS issues me my caregiver’s card, I’ll be high tailing it over to our local Pot Shop to get Bethany her first dose of medical marijuana!
I’ll keep you all posted with new developments!
Read more about our long journey to getting Bethany access to medical marijuana, below!!
Help Bethany Get Access to Medical Marijuana, Please!
Join the Fight for Medical Marijuana!
NY Senate Passes Emergency Medical Marijuana!
Just What is Charlotte’s Web, Anyway?
Bethany’s Blood Test and Other Good News!
A Very Exciting Special Delivery
There was a time long, long, ago if you told me I would someday believe marijuana should be legalized, I would have told you that you were crazy.
Then one November day back in 2000, my precious two year old daughter was diagnosed with a life threatening brain tumor that nearly destroyed her life!
Now if you were to ask me what I think about marijuana, this is what I’d tell you:
- That the anecdotal evidence of how marijuana has medically benefited its many users have long been ignored and swept under the rug.
- That as with all drugs, cannabis should not be used recreationally children, but that access should be made easier for the many ill children and adults who could benefit from it’s medicinal properties.
- I believe that legalizing marijuana, would actually reduce its illegal recreational use.
- That children, adults, and most especially, physicians should be educated on the many benefits of Cannabis, including: the medical, industrial, agricultural, environmental, spiritual, and economic benefits.
- I believe it is time to eradicate antiquated and out-dated anti-cannabis misinformation.
- I personally believe that marijuana is less dangerous and damaging than alcohol.
My daughter has been on life threatening, liver damaging, mind altering medications for thirteen years in an attempt to control her extremely difficult, severe, and dangerous seizure disorder.
She has suffered for years with such debilitating side effects as nausea, vertigo, dizziness, light sensitivity, aggressive behavior, extreme weight gain, extreme weight loss, medication induced aphasia, and severe loss of balance.
She had until recently spent nearly twelve years literally unable to even get off the couch!
Using marijuana in the treatment of my daughter’s seizure disorder would actually be safer and more effective than the toxic medications she takes that are prescribed by her doctor!
There is enough anecdotal evidence showing the success and safety of using marijuana to control seizures in children to strongly suggest that its use for treating seizures should be legalized.
Misinformed, ignorant, and narrow minded people are preventing very sick children from living happy, healthy lives and quite frankly…it disgusts me!
*This post may contain affiliate links. Thanks in advance if you should decide to purchase an item through one of our links at not extra cost to you. 100% of all commissions earned from sales go directly toward providing a better quality of life for our daughter, Bethany, a brave brain tumor survivor and special girl!
Let us turn your crappy into happy! Visit our Smiley Face Poop Shop where you can purchase clothing, stickers, magnets, mugs, cups, water bottles, and bags- all with our adorable custom made smiley face poop and slogan printed on them! 100% of all sales go toward providing a better quality of life for Bethany!
Be sure to visit Bethany’s Business, our store full of special needs family products and special needs homeschooling resources! All commissions go toward providing a better quality of life for Bethany! Thanks!